Going Back to School

Going back to school

By Savanah Coco-Barrett and Valentina Brooks

Everyone has heard about us going back to school but only for 2 days a week. Each person has different opinions about this idea. Some think this plan moves too fast and it might affect students’ health, others think it might be a good idea so their kid(s) can get a good education. Some can’t decide and don’t know what they are going to do.  

The district has sent out emails about going back to school. Starting April 2nd, 3rd – 6th, students will be able to go back into school for 2 days a week and starting April 19th, 7th – 12th will be able to go back, as well. There will be 3 groups ordered by last names to determine what days certain students will be able to go to school. For group A, students with last names A through Le could go to school on Mondays and Thursdays. For group B, last names Lea through Z could go to school on Tuesdays and Fridays. Lastly, for group C,  all students would be fully remote and will not go in-person. On Wednesdays, all students will be staying home for independent learning without any zoom classes to attend.

There may be buses, but the district is still trying to figure out how it would work. If there are no buses, you would have to figure out your own way of transportation to get to the school and back. If there are any buses, there will be only one person per seat. It may be hard to transport all of the students that are going because there may be less buses.

At school, all students and staff must be at least 3 feet from each other and must wear their masks. If a student is not wearing a mask the teacher will not let them come into the classroom until they put one on.  This is for student and staff safety, so please keep your masks on and maintain your distance from one another.  Instead of 6 feet, Governor Inslee changed it to 3 feet so students can get closer to get papers from the teacher.

If you have any questions or concerns, you can comment down below or mention this article on the Talk with Teya survey. You can also email Valentina Brooks or Savanah Coco-Barrett using these emails:

[email protected] – Valentina Brooks

[email protected] – Savanah Coco-Barrett