Bulldog Brief

Bulldog Brief

Bulldog Brief

Red Ribbon Week!

Red Ribbon Week!

Introduction

Red Ribbon Week is dedicated to highlighting and spreading awareness of the importance of a drug-free life. During this week, we celebrate the triumphs of people who have quit drugs or who are trying to quit.

Let’s take a look at the history of this annual awareness week.

Origin

Red Ribbon Week began in 1985 as a memorial after the Drug Enforcement Administration Special Agent, Enrique “Kiki” Camarena, was kidnapped, tortured, and murdered by drug traffickers during an investigation in Mexico. Now, many people wear red ribbons throughout this week.

What it means for you

Many students are participating in Red Ribbon Week by wearing as much red as possible on Friday. Feel free to join in and show your support!

While I hope nobody reading this does any substances, it is common for people who do substances to take a break this week in support of legal and safe drugs and in solidarity with Kiki and other people in similar positions.

Ex.

Our school is notorious for having a larger-than-average population of people who use substances. If you or a friend vapes or does drugs, call 800-662-4357 or talk to your counselor for support.